YouTube will now begin suspending monetization for channels that have been found to possess multiple infractions for violations of the YouTube Terms of Service Agreement, Community Guidelines and/or AdSense Program Policies.
The general types of infractions concerned:
What You Need to Know
- Suspension works on a 3 point system: each infraction type counts as a point against your channel.
- If your channel receives 3 points of strikes, you will receive a notification on your YouTube Dashboard stating that you have 40 days to resolve the infractions before your channel monetization is suspended.
- If your YouTube channel monetization is suspended, 6 consecutive months of good standing (no additional infractions) will reinstate your monetization.
- Deleting a video with an infraction does not resolve it, and may actually make it impossible to resolve. Do not delete videos with infractions.
- Content ID matches that do not inflict a strike will not count against you. This new strike system only applies to videos which result in DMCA takedown notices or Global Blocks.
As always we encourage our Power Up TV YouTube Partners to comply with all of YouTube’s policies to prevent any issues of receiving strikes and disrupting your monetization. As stated in our contract you must maintain your YouTube channel in good standing in order to be a member of our network.