YouTube Partnership Guide
What if you had the opportunity to transform all the talent you put into a YouTube video into money?
Yes, it is possible to turn the content you have on your YouTube channel into extra income, by doing a simple action to join a partner program with YouTube. You have the chance to earn money through marketing activities, advertisements or paid subscriptions.
Besides the fact that you can earn money, this partnership is very flexible. Your content is not restricted; no one can tell you what kind of content to make on your channel, because it is yours. Your Partnership contract also doesn’t give YouTube any exclusive rights to your videos’ ownership; it is your choice if you want to upload or distribute your videos elsewhere too.
To see how your videos are doing you can use the special analytics tools provided by YouTube in order to measure the performances your channel achieves, as well as see earning statements or inside tips to help you improve your channel.
It doesn’t sound like a hard thing to do, does it? It’s not! It’s extremely easy to become a YouTube Partner, but there are some conditions that one must meet before being eligible for the partner status.
- Make sure that the partnership program was released in your country (if not you will be notified during the application process).
- Your account must have a good status for copyright and community guidelines rules; without your channel in good status, your monetization will be disabled.
- The content you upload on your account must always be original and of high quality. Of course, it must be friendly to potential advertisers, too!
- Before uploading your videos, check if your content respects the Terms of Service Agreement of YouTube, including the Community Guidelines.
- The copyright education materials provided by YouTube must be reviewed and acknowledged.
If all of these conditions are met and your channel is in good status, then you are only one step away from becoming a YouTube Partner! All you have to do is apply to join the Power Up TV multi-channel network, which is an official YouTube network part of the Freedom family of networks!
Keep in mind though, that if you later use certain material in your content, like music, movies, TV videos, graphics, pictures, video games, software videos or even live concerts of representations, you must have the permission of the creator of all these materials before you broadcast your content. Otherwise you risk losing your partner status later.
Did you apply to become a YouTube Partner with us? If yes, get ready to jump into the full benefits of having a partnership with YouTube. You can prepare you channel to be tuned up for monetization mode by doing some simple settings:
- First you have to enter the tab for Monetization, which can be found in the settings of your account.
- If you haven’t encountered any past problems, like a previous disabling of the monetization status, then you will have to simply make a click on the Enable My Account option.
- Finally you just have to follow the steps that are shown to complete the agreement for Monetization, which is granted by YouTube after you accept the Partnership agreement with us.
If there is anything wrong with your account and the monetization cannot be completed, you will be notified by certain status messages on your account.
It can’t get any simpler than this to have the possibility of increasing your monthly income, with the help of the creative work you do on your YouTube channel!
Becoming a YouTube Partner is a rewarding experience if you create content that is original, complete and appealing to the public. If you’d like more information about becoming a YouTuber you should read our blog posts; we have written extensively about all the facets of starting and growing a YouTube channel. We even have our Creator Academy course that teaches you everything you need to know to grow from zero to 10,000 subscribers in a few months (our Creator Academy, by the way, is free for all members of the Power Up TV YouTube Network).